Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of BTEC Sport Unit 3
Transcript of Copy of BTEC Sport Unit 3
Assessing risk in sport
Know the key factors that influence health and safety in sport
1. Legislation and its application to the sports industry
2. Lyme Bay tragedy
3. Explanation of a range of different legal terms
Be able to carry out risk assessments
Know how to maintain the safety of participants and colleagues in a sports environment
1) Planning a safe sporting activity
2) First Aid requirements for sporting activities
3) Reviewing the plan for a safe sporting activity
4) Evaluating the strengths and areas for improvement of a safety plan
5) What sort of questions would you ask people to gain feedback about the plan
List 5 risks/hazards associated with football?
So how do we get assessed?
Task 1 (
Task 2 (
By the end of this unit you will;
1) What is a hazard?
2) What is a risk
3) What is a risk control
4) How are they applied to the sports industry
Be able to plan a safe sporting activity
How do we minimise or prevent risk?
What happens if we don't?
Task 1 (
Research and report
Task 2 (
Research the Lyme Bay Disaster
1 x A4 piece of paper
What happened; Who it involved; How it changed law and legislation