Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street
Transcript of The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street
ON MAPLE STREET What feelings did this stir up in you? What's the difference between the known and the unknown? What exactly is a "fifth dimension"? Summarizing Pg. 836 Is the flash of light an important or unimportant detail? Characters' Motives Pg. 837 Why do the characters come out of their homes? Pg. 839
Why does Tommy warn Charlie and Steve not to leave? Pg. 840
Why does Tommy's mother want him to stop talking? Pg. 842
Why might this detail about a car starting be important? Pg. 844
Explain what happened to Goodman and his car Pg. 845
What emotions motivate Goodman to shout? Pg. 847
Why does Steve want Charlie to be quiet? Pg. 850
Why did Charlie take the shotgun away from Steve? What motivates Charlie to claim that he knows who the monster is? Is the detail about lights going on and off in various homes important? Why or why not? Jeopardy Review
https://jeopardylabs.com/play/the-monsters-are-due-on-maple-street2 What impression does this illustration convey about life on Maple Street? Rod Serling was an American actor, screenwriter, novelist and television producer. He began his career in radio but shifted to writing for television in 1953. He won an Emmy just three years later. He created, narrated, and was the main writer of the famous supernatural series The Twilight Zone which ran from 1958 to 1965. He was coauthor of The Planet of the Apes. BIRTH DATE:December 25, 1924
DEATH DATE:June 28, 1975 Creative Writing (Pick ONE to complete.)
1. Using artistic skill and neatness, present a summary of “The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street” as a comic strip or comic book. You don’t need to present all the dialogue, or all the plot, but a single scene or selections.
2. Create a list of three songs that contain themes or ideas similar to those in “The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street.” Give some sample lyrics with the titles, and explain why you chose these five songs.
3. Write your thoughts/opinions about the possibility that earth has seen visits—or will some day see visits—by intelligent beings from other planets. If so, describe whether the contact may be peaceful, or hostile. You may do this in the form of a creative story, or as an essay.
4. Charlie is going to be on trial for the murder of Pete. Describe the trial of Charlie for the death of Pete Van Horn. What were the character's motives (what motivated Charlie to murder Pete)? What would his defense attorney say? What would the prosecutor say? What would the jury decide (guilty or not guilty)?
5. Continue the teleplay…into the next day…or into the next few weeks…or years later, when the aliens have taken control… Write in teleplay style. Write at least 1 to 2 pages. Review