Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Digestive System
Transcript of The Digestive System
What is the function of the Digestive System ?
When food enters the mouth, its digestion starts by the act of chewing, a form of mechanical digestion, and the addition of saliva, a liquid that starts chemical digestion. Saliva starts the digestion of sugars and starches in the food. After it helps breakdown big pieces of food in to small pieces , for us to absorb the food and send it to our cells.
eat about 500 kg of food per year and 1.7 liters of saliva is produced each day.
2. Liver is the largest and heaviest internal organ of the body and weighs about 1.6 kilos .
Diagram Website !
3. Every day 11.5 litres of digested food, liquids and digestive
juices flow through the digestive system, but only 100 mls
of fluids .
9. look at your body digestion .By :
Parts of the digestive system !!!!!!!!!!
Click on !
For more check out this website
Click on !
Ways How we can hurt our digestive system ?
We can hurt our Digestive System
2. Using drugs
3. Stress: Too much stress can cause
your stomach to get acid burns (ulcers)
How we can improve or help our Digestive System !!
1. Improved Diet/Hydration
1 to 8
Adults eat about 500 kg of food per year.
Digestive System video !!!!!!!!!!
website will appear !!!!!!!!!
approximately 32 times