Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Basic Exponent Rules
Transcript of Basic Exponent Rules
2x2x2 = 2^3
5x5x5x5 = 5^4
(-3)^6 is NOT the same as -3^6
7^0 = 1
100^0 = 1
4^-1 = 1/4 Exponents Multiplying Powers with the same base...
simply add the exponents!
x^3 * x^7 = x^10
g(g^5) = g^6 Try these:
c^4 * c^3
b^2 * c^2
9x(x^2+3x-8) Dividing powers with the same base...
just subtract the exponents!
m^3 / m^2 = m
n^7 / n^3 = n^4 Your turn:
x^2 / x^3
y^22 / y^2 Power to a power...
you must multiply the two
(a^2)^4 = a^8
(2x^2)^3 = 2^3 x^6 = 8x^6