Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Oceanic Conservation: Persuasive Speech
Transcript of Oceanic Conservation: Persuasive Speech
"Save Our Seas" Why We Need the Ocean 1. Generates half of the oxygen we breathe
2. 97% of water comes from the ocean
3. Provides 1/6 of the protein we eat
4. Plays a critical role in the regulation of climate and weather
5. Source of new medicine What YOU Can Do: 1. Reduce your carbon footprint
2. Use recycled or paper bags, cut back on plastic
3. Clean up the beach
4. Don't by products made from marine animals - coral jewelry or shark products
5. Eat seafood that is sustainable
6. Travel the ocean responsibly
7. Buy products from environmentally concerned/friendly companies A Healthy Ocean... Starts with YOU PROBLEMS Over fishing Unsustainable fisheries Degrading reefs Rising ocean temperature/sea level Naval sonar Oil Spills Trash and Nets Carbon emissions Now do you think there are plenty of fish in the sea?
References: "The Ocean." National Geographic. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Apr. 2013.
"Why We Protect Our Oceans » Marine Conservation Institute." Marine Conservation Institute. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Apr. 2013.
"The Nature Conservancy. Protecting Nature. Preserving Life.™." Oceans & Coasts. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Apr. 2013.
"Ocean Acidification." Ocean Conservancy. Ocean Conservancy, n.d. Web. 09 Apr. 2013.