Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Oceanic Conservation: Persuasive Speech
Transcript of Oceanic Conservation: Persuasive Speech
"Save Our Seas" Why We Need the Ocean 1. Generates half of the oxygen we breathe
2. 97% of water comes from the ocean
3. Provides 1/6 of the protein we eat
4. Plays a critical role in the regulation of climate and weather
5. Source of new medicine What YOU Can Do: 1. Reduce your carbon footprint
2. Use recycled or paper bags, cut back on plastic
3. Clean up the beach
4. Don't by products made from marine animals - coral jewelry or shark products
5. Eat seafood that is sustainable
6. Travel the ocean responsibly
7. Buy products from environmentally concerned/friendly companies A Healthy Ocean... Starts with YOU PROBLEMS Over fishing Unsustainable fisheries Degrading reefs Rising ocean temperature/sea level Naval sonar Oil Spills Trash and Nets Carbon emissions Now do you think there are plenty of fish in the sea?
References: "The Ocean." National Geographic. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Apr. 2013.
"Why We Protect Our Oceans » Marine Conservation Institute." Marine Conservation Institute. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Apr. 2013.
"The Nature Conservancy. Protecting Nature. Preserving Life.™." Oceans & Coasts. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Apr. 2013.
"Ocean Acidification." Ocean Conservancy. Ocean Conservancy, n.d. Web. 09 Apr. 2013.