Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of We NEED to Recycle Batteries, Not Throw Them Away!
Transcript of Copy of We NEED to Recycle Batteries, Not Throw Them Away!
- EDUCATE students, staff and parents
- REDUCE batteries in our landfills
- REDUCE environmental contaminants
We need to recycle batteries!
- In 2012 only 5% of batteries were recycled
- Send home battery recycling bags and copy of the 2015 Household Hazardous Waste Schedule with students
- Collect the dead batteries throughout our collection week (May 19th-22nd)
-Advertising: presentations in classrooms, announcements, posters, synervoice messaging and newsletters
Chemical Impact on humans
Damage to the brain
Reproduction problems Linked to cancer Cardiovascular diseases
Extremely toxic to humans even at low levels
Can cause cancer
- Annually, 944 300 batteries end up in landfills in the Lower Trent Region watershed
- The chemicals in the batteries leach into the environment
- Battery recycling bags (400): Supplied by Quinte Waste Solutions
- Orange Boxes (4): Supplied by Quinte Waste Solutions
-Printing costs for educational material (400): $240.00
- Make people more aware of the proper way to dispose of batteries
- Reduce the amount of batteries in local landfills
- Plan to continue the project in the future
WE NEED TO BATTERIES,
NOT THROW THEM AWAY!
Environmental Contamination from Improper Disposal of Batteries
Contaminated Ground Water
Contaminated Surface Water
-Properly dispose of the batteries at
Canadian Energy Trenton
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A
- Could easily be continued by other students in future years
- Could easily be implemented in other schools