Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Lent Story
Transcript of The Lent Story
40 days (not including Sundays)
leading up to Easter,
the most important festival in
the Christian calendar.
Important dates for Lent http://www.howcast.com/videos/418209-How-to-Understand-the-Meaning-of-Lent Ash Wednesday The date changes with Easter. In 2012 it will be 22nd February Shrove Tuesday Always the day before Ash Wednesday.
The last time people can eat before fasting Mother's Day
aka Laetare Sunday Marks the halfway point between Ash Wednesday and Easter Sundary Palm Sunday The last Sunday before Easter Sunday Jesus fasted for 40 days and nights before he was eventually crucified by Romans after an unfair trial While in the wilderness the devil tempted Jesus 3 times Spy Wednesday The day when Judas spied on Jesus Maundy Thursday
aka Holy Thursday The day of the last supper ? What would you give up for lent?
What would you give up for 40 days?