Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Chapter 8:The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs
Transcript of Copy of Chapter 8:The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs
1) Egypt is located in northeast Africa; Split into Upper and Lower Egypt; The Nile River is the main river that runs through Egypt (flows from south to north because of mountains).
2) Egypt is run by leaders called pharaohs; Egyptian history is broken into 3 parts: Old Kingdom, Middle Kingdom, and New Kingdom.
Called Egypt’s Golden Age,
2,700 to 2,200 B.C.E.,
Set up a strong central government,
Pharaohs built pyramids as tombs for themselves.
Made many great achievements in literature, art, and architecture.
Khufu: (Old Kingdom)
*Ruled from 2,551-2,528 B.C.E.
*Watched over Egypt’s food supply.
*Declared himself a god.
Great Pyramid at Giza
(made of 2 million stone blocks, 20 years to complete).
Pharaoh Khufu: The Pyramid Builder
Senusret: (Middle Kingdom)
*Ruled from 1,971-1,926 B.C.E.
*Controlled mines-gave gems to craftspeople to make elaborate jewelry.
*Built temples, shrines like the
*White Chapel-Made of hard white stone, had beautiful carvings in the pillars (reconstructed picture).
Pharaoh Senusret I: Patron Of The Arts
Hatshepsut: (New Kingdom)
*Ruled from 1,473-1,458 B.C.E.
First female pharaoh
(received the power to be pharaoh from her male relatives, demanded the same respect as a male pharaoh).
*Built a temple for herself into a cliff above the Nile River.
Pharaoh Hatshepsut: Promoter Of Egyptian Trade
Ramses: (New Kingdom)
*Ruled from 1,290-1,224 B.C.E.
(60yrs), had over 100 wives and 100 children.
*Known for his military skills, became captain of the army at age 10!
*Defended the empire against invaders, but also signed the first peace treaty!
*Built numerous statues of himself, more than any other pharaoh!
Pharaoh Ramses II: Military Leader And Master Builder