Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Nobody Calls Me a Wog, Anymore
Transcript of Nobody Calls Me a Wog, Anymore
- What images stick with you after hearing it? THE POEM What do the following words mean? Write a definition in your own words Vocabulary > Repetition is used in this poem to emphasise some things that are important to the poet Techniques? Do you have any personal connections to the migrant identity? Personal Response Australian Identity? im·mi·grant
A person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country. Multiculturalism multiculturalism
the doctrine that several different cultures (rather than one national culture) can coexist peacefully and equitably in a single country. - wog
- Fair dinkum ridgy didge Choose one example of repetition and explain what effect this has on the reader > Imagery is also used effectively in this poem: the image of an angry man; the image of his desire to be accepted, to belong. Choose one image and explain its effectiveness in revealing the poet's ideas and positioning the reader How did this shape your response to the poem?