Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Pneumonia-PBL
Viral Pneumonia is when the lungs swell up from irritation. You can treat it by getting plenty of rest and drinking lots of tea, water or juice.
You should care about this disease because it mostly targets children under the age of 5 and elderly people. It can be deadly to them.
Pneumonia is a common lung infection caused by bacteria, a virus, or fungi. Some antibiotics you can use to stop pneumonia once you have it are Macrolides and Tetracyclines.
Pneumonia killed an estimated 935,000 children under the age of 5 in 2013, in the United States.
Bacterial Pneumonia is an infection in one or both lungs. It causes the lungs air sacs to become inflamed and engorged with pus, fluid, and cellular debris. You can treat it by getting medications and antibiotics from your doctor.
Foods for Pneumonia
How humans get Pneumonia
History on Pneumonia
Length of Pneumonia
Most types of pneumonia last for about 2 to 8 weeks. If the cough lingers it can last several weeks longer.
Economic Impact on the School
Why You Should Care
Pneumonia can last up to 2-8 weeks long. The school would lose at least $2,800.
In 1875, pneumonia was first seen in the airways by Edwin Klebs. In 1882-1884, Albert Fränkel and Carl Friedländer did lab test identifying the two bacterial causes of pneumonia, ''Streptococcus pneumoniae'' and ''Klebsiella pneumoniae''.
- cough / - bad breath
- yellow-green phlegm / - muscle pain
- shortness of breath / -weakness
-feeling tired and unwell / - blue lips and nail bends
- chest pain
Humans get Pneumonia by having a bad cough or bacteria/viruses are present in the body.
- Most people have it but they don't get it since their immune system is strong.
-Pneumonia kills more children under the age of five than any other disease.
- Pneumonia kills more than Aids, Malaria, & Tuberculosis combined.
- Antibiotics (3+ days)
- Antiviral Medications (1-3 weeks)
- Fever Reducers (Ibuprofen or Aspirin)
- Cough Medicine