Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of AWUBIS words
What does dependent mean?
What does independent mean?
The dependent clause can come before or after the independent clause. If it comes before the independent clause, it needs a comma after it.
Independent clause dependent clause.
Dependent clause, independent clause.
Compound Sentence Subject + verb, FANBOYS subject + verb. AWUBIS Words after
as long as
The Simple Sentence Subject + verb.
Example: The student works.
The student works, and the teacher teaches. when
in order that
so that Examples:
After the kids went to school, their mom cleaned the whole house.
Their mom cleaned the whole house after the kids went to school. Examples: 1. While the girl worked, she listened to her music.
2. We did not know who won the lottery until they played the winning numbers on the television.
3. Because the monkey loves the rodeo, he learned how to ride on top of the sheep dogs.
4. The entire audience was in awe as Mariah Carey sang her song.