Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Types of Maps
Transcript of Types of Maps
Economic Resource Maps
These types of maps are a visual representation of information on a specific topic for a specific area. Some examples of these maps are population density, precipitation (rainfall), climate/weather, etc.
These types of maps illustrate the geographic features of an area, such as the mountains, rivers and lakes. The water is usually shown in blue. Colors are used to show relief—differences in land elevations. Green is typically used at lower elevations, and orange or brown indicate higher elevations.
This type of map shows the location of countries and political boundaries, as well as, capitals and major cities.
There are many types of maps that geographers use to organize different types of information.
Types of Maps
Economic Resource Map
A national capital is usually marked with a star in a circle.
This political map only shows states.
The legend tells
us that this map
covers types of
land use and types
of resources founf
in North America.
Capital of the