Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
Welcome to The Cell Amusement Park.
Welcome, visitor. This is The Amusement Park built by Mohammad Mashel of class 8-P of Gems Our Own Indian School of Dubai. This amusement park will guide you through the cell of Animals and Plants and give a short description of an individual. First, we will start by learning what is a cell.
Definition of a cell.
1. The structural, functional and biological unit of all organisms.
2. An autonomous self-replicating unit that may exist as functional independent unit of life (as in the case of unicellular organism), or as sub-unit in a multicellular organism (such as in plants and animals) that is specialized into carrying out particular functions towards the cause of the organism as a whole.
3. A membrane bound structure containing biomolecules, such as nucleic acids, proteins, and polysaccharides.
Here are different kind of animal cells and a picture with each individual.
The End of the fun.
Chlorenchyma is the parenchyma in which the cells contain large number of chloroplasts. Chlorenchyma takes part in photosynthesis. It occurs in the leaves and other green parts of the plant body.
Sclerenchyma cells also have a support function in plants but unlike Collenchyma cells, they have a hardening agent and are much more rigid.
Phloem tissue consists of: conducting cells, generally called sieve.Elements; parenchyma cells, including both specialized companion cells or albuminous cells and unspecialized cells; and supportive cells, such as fibres and sclereids
Xylem caries water and dissolved nutrients from the roots throughout the plant.Xylem is the upward conduction of water while phloem is the upward and downward conduction of food and minerals
Parenchyma cells are usually depicted as the typical plant cell because they are not very specialized. These cells synthesize and store organic products in the plant. Most of the plants metabolism takes place in these cells.
organize the assembly of microtubules during cell division.
hollow rods that function primarily to help support and shape the cell.
power producers and the sites of cellular respiration.
membrane bound structure that contains the cell's hereditary information.
structure within the nucleus that helps in the synthesis of ribosomes.
tiny hole within the nuclear membrane that allows nucleic acids and proteins to move into and out of the nucleus.
gel-like substance within the cell.
extensive network of membranes composed of both regions with ribosomes (rough ER) and regions without ribosomes (smooth ER).
responsible for manufacturing, storing and shipping certain cellular products.
sacs of enzymes that digest cellular macromolecules such as nucleic acids.
consisting of RNA and proteins, ribosomes are responsible for protein assembly.
Here are the plant cells and a short description and a picture of each individual.
That's it for the fun of cells and a day of biology trip. Thank you for visiting and if you had fun in these presentations, please do pay a tip.