Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
Earth 4.6 billion years ago
Some were between
2,014 years ago
1492, 522 year ago when
Columbus sailed the ocean blue
2 million to 10,000 years ago
The first colony in America
was developed in 1585,
429 years ago from today
In colonial times colonists were hung for reasons that could seem small or insignificant. During the early years of colonial settlement, killing chickens was punishable by death. At one time stealing a silver spoon was also punishable by death. If one was caught trading with Native Americans he or she could have been hung.
First, the criminal was placed on a horse, then someone would put a noose around his or her neck. Someone would slap the horse causing it to take off. The criminal would fall from the horse and break his or her neck. If he or she did not die right away, if the offender did not die right way he or she would slowly suffocate. This was a real crowd-pleaser, the sheriff would yank on the criminals legs, making the death quick.
How Criminals Were Executed
Some other forms of execution were,
boiling, pressing ,
and just shooting them.