Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Understanding Fractions
1. A fraction is a portion (or part) of a whole amount.
3. The numerator of a fraction describes how many parts are selected or taken.
4. The denominator of a fraction describes the total number of parts that make the whole.
2 equal parts:
1 out of 3 shapes:
4 equal parts:
2. Fractions describe equal parts of a whole or parts of a group.
5. Unit fractions are fractions with a numerator equal to 1.
6. Write the unit fraction that represents each part of the whole shape. Then write the fraction of the shape that is colored yellow.
7. Identify which figure shows equal parts. Then name the unit fraction that describes the equal parts of the whole for that figure.
8. What fraction of the pizza has pepperoni?
9. Write the fraction for each part of the set of shapes. (circles and rectangles)
10. One fourth (1/4) of the set of shapes
is triangles. Find 1/4 of 8 shapes.
11. What number is 1/3 of the school of fish?
12. In the number lines below, the
denominator is equal to the number
of equally sized sections between 0 and 1.
Identify on each number line, the fractions
represented by the letters A, B, C, D, G.