Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Communication Process
What is Communication??
It is the process of conveying information in such a way that the meaning is received and understood.
Involves the use of actual WORDS and is facilitated with ACTIVE LISTENING.
2 types: Active and Passive
Involves sending messages without words.
What's a Conflict?!
A struggle between two people or groups who have opposing views.
- statements about yourself and your feelings, starting with I.
Duck Pond Story
Listen carefully as I read and draw what I say. You will not have time to erase and start over so
I will say each sentence
Process of conveying information in such a way that the message is received and understood.
What interpersonal skills are essential to Personal Development?
A good listener is an active listener who gives the speaker some feedback which lets the speaker know the message is getting through to the listener.
Smile, nod, or a comment
Please raise both hands in the air if you are actively paying attention at the moment and understand this definition.
May hear the spoken word but not the meaning of the words. Does not respond to the speaker in any way. Speaker is unsure if message is being received.
If you wrote down the
part about raising your hands, you are
probably a passive listener and wrote that down for nothing... Please pay attention actively! :)
But it's hard to be a good listener!
Barriers we often face:
* Ignoring Sounds
Ever just stopped listening??
*Forgetting all or part of the message
We forget 25% of what we hear
* Not understanding the message being sent
Slang, accents, or tone of voice can affect this
Ways to IMPROVE!
* Ask questions to clarify
* Pay Attention
* Be Interested
* Keep the speaker in mind
* Stay Focused
* Use Reflections
* Note the speaker's tone of voice
* Body Language
* Personal Space
"The time is always right to do what is right." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
Our versions of what is right and wrong may vary... And then what happens??
"There is a big difference between what we have a right to do and what is right."
- Justice Potter Stewart
1) Identify the Problem
2) Identify possible solutions
3) Evaluate each suggested solution
4) Pick the best solution
5) See if the solution is working
6) If necessary, agree to disagree
- communicating with others to reach a mutually satisfying agreement.
- third party is called upon to help reconcile differences between conflicting persons. Referee!!
- both parties agree to give something up to achieve something else.
You win/I lose I lose/you lose
I win/you lose
I win/you win