Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Jackie Robinson
Date and Place of Birth
Jackie Robinson was born on January 31, 1919 in Cairo, Georgia.
Jackie Robinson was the first African American to play in Major League baseball.
Civil Rights Movement
Jackie's character and unquestionable talent challenged the traditional basis of segregation, which marked many other aspects of American life, and contributed significantly to the Civil Rights Movement.
Robinson broke the baseball color line when the Brooklyn Dodgers started him at first base.
Robinson was inducted into the baseball hall of fame in 1962.
Jackie played in six world series and contributed to the Dodger's 1955 world championship.
By: Emily Kriech
Jackie Robinson was the first black baseball player to be so honored.
Jackie steals home.