Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Southwest Airlines
People & Policies Problem
Challenges Analysis Competitor Matrix
Table Recommendation Conclusion Strategic Management - Team 7 Presentation Outline Introduction of SWA
Conclusion Rollin King Herb Kelleher
* Provide frequent, low-cost airline service.
* The idea for Southwest Airlines was drawn on a cocktail napkin. Founded in 1971
by Identify customers that you want to serve Be the Lower cost provider * Short haul
* High frequency
* Low fare * frequent but no frills service
* Only flies one model airplane
(Boeing 737) Business Model of SWA People Our dedicated employees do more than deliver the friendly, high-quality Customer Service for which we’re known—they created Southwest Airlines’ unique Culture and storied 40-year history. Route Serious in keeping cost down.
Family organization philosophy.
The glue that holds Southwest together is its corporate culture. Policies Southwest Culture > Loss of Strong Leader
> Organizational Culture
> No succession plan Problems > Maintain market competitiveness
> Demotivation of employee
> Going global Challenges Internal External Value Chain Analysis primary : Inbound logistic, outbound logistic, marketing, sales, service Secondary : General Administration, HR, Research, Technology, System development & Procurement Intangible
Tangible Resources Financial Analysis SwOT Matrix
SWA Porter 5s Forces Pest Analysis Political
Technology Comparative Market Position high Low Quality high Price Competitiveness 1. Global expansion in new markets
3. On flight entertainment and service
4. Nurturing the culture
5. Leadership development & succession plan Recommendations