Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Wilfred Owen
The majority of Owen's works were published after his passing in 1918 in books such as
The Poems of Wilfred Owen
The Collected Poems of Wilfred Owen
Anthem for Doomed Youth
Life of Wilfred Owen
born on March 18, 1893 in Oswestry, Shropshire, England
studied at Birkenhead Institute and Shrewsbury Technical College
applied to London University at 18 but failed to get in
Religious + education vocation --> then enlisted in war
December 30, 1916 = sent to the front lines with the Second Manchesters
Throughout 1918, he was sent to Craiglockhart Hospital multiple times for head injuries
Won a Military Cross in October 1918 for his capture of a German machine gun
Died November 4, 1918, a week before the end of the war
Libby Dawejko and Maddie Hughes
Wilfred Owen's Writing Career
in Owen's original hand
Dolce Et Decorum Est
Most Renowned Works