Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Suturing and Wound Care Workshop
Transcript of Suturing and Wound Care Workshop
1. Gain Attention
2. Inform Learner of Objectives
We have used
Cute animation will grab their attention !
The course objectives & the structure of the course are presented in the POWTOON.
A pretest is used to assess and gauge learner's prior knowledge.
We have used
to do this :
Is this a clean wound?
Does this wound require surgical debridement?
What dressing should we put on this?
Target audience: PGY1
Basic wound care
Basic suturing skills
How would you manage this wound?
8. Assess Performance
Learners have to complete a set task within a time limit to be deemed competent.
Instructors will assess using a standardised form & the top 3 best learners will get prizes.
It is hoped that this REWARD and PEER PRESSURE system will elicit good performance using FRIENDLY COMPETITION.
9. Enhance, Retention and Transfer
Post-test using GOOGLE FORMS to assess whether the knowledge gap is bridged
Scheduled to repeat at intervals
Periodic posting of picture quizzes by teacher in the closed G+ community
Learners can continue to review the uploaded instructional YOUTUBE VIDEOS for reference.
4. Present Material
5. Provide Guidance
Instructional videos from
are used to teach basic skills and impart theory of wound care. Links are uploaded to the created
for the learners.
This is followed by a hands-on practical session with guidance from teachers ( facilitator/instructor/assessor )
A picture pre-test using Google forms or Poll Ev can used to stimulate learning.
Gagne's 9 Steps :
Blended Learning :
1. Course planning map
2. Asynchronous - online resources
3. Synchronous - hands-on workshop
4. Assessment - pre & post tests
6. Elicit Performance
7. Provide Feedback
Direct face to face interaction between instructor and learner during hands-on session.
Instant feedback could thus be given to allow for remedial action.
3. Stimulate Recall