Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Are You Ready to Noodle to Moodle?
Transcript of Are You Ready to Noodle to Moodle?
The course becomes a learning community with: different roles (student, teacher, parent) different groups (multiple classes) different permissions (ability to edit etc) Resources eg files (word, excel, pdf, ppt)
Links to useful websites
Messaging system (teacher > student, student > student)
Quizzes (multi choice, close passage, T/F etc)
and loads more ............ platform for learning Learning Management System (LMS)
Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) but works best as Where is Moodle used? ...... places
learn 5 guiding principles We are all potential teachers as well as learners. We learn a lot by watching others. Understanding others transforms us. We learn well by creating and expressing for others. We learn well when the environment is flexible and adaptable to suit our needs. It's free ! to download to use to share to improve 35 million users - 50,000 sites by Martin Dougiamas Want more information ? Credits....
Original prezi created by Tomaz Lasi
Modified by Chris Delaney
Edited by Debby Caven
twitter.com/dcaven + + Filing Cabinet Classroom Internet Let's take a tour.... Moodle Home Page Course Page Some ideas for teaching..... Build a webpage with activities Survey your students Have a debate or discuss a topic A glossary of key words.... Analyse the results Write essays & mark online Assess your students - Quiz Relevant, up to date news feeds More useful features..... Store grades online Messaging system Calendar Upload images and comment Create, share, comment & rate social constructionist pedagogy Technical jargon Positives & negatives ..... + Engages & motivates students
+ Potential to change 'how I teach'
+ Day away lessons & absent students
+ Staff collaboration
+ Rewarding & enjoyable
+ Efficient in the long term
- Staff & Students need time to adapt!
- Time consuming...... but the best thing is...... moodle.org Questions Video tutorials, student performances An original presentaion edited by Debby Caven Online Simulations Journal Activities Forum Discussions firstname.lastname@example.org