Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Former President Manuel L. Quezon
Transcript of Former President Manuel L. Quezon
President of the Commonwealth of the Philippines (1935-1944)
"The Policies and achievements of the Government and Regeneration of the Filipino"
(A presidential address of Manuel L. Quezon on August 19, 1938
Summary of its Historical, Cultural and Political Context
On August 19, 1938, President Manuel L. Quezon outlined his policies and also the achievements of the Filipino people during his administration.
He described his ideal kind of nation along with the characteristics of a good citizen that he greatly adorned .
He greatly emphasized the Filipino people. Complementing the excellent qualities of the latter and its active traditions.
But, he also compared the present generation with the past, particularly our ancestors who exhibited exemplary deeds and their great contributions regarding the way they act.
He also cited all the weaknesses of the modern Filipinos, all the sufficiency among their social responsibilities.
All his aims and ideals were being told, and all the things that must be accomplished were strongly pronounced.