Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Question #1
Principles of the Constitution
What is the purpose of "checks and Balances"?
Why the writers of the US Constitution wanted to divide power between three branches of government and set up a system of checks and balances between the three branches?
Wanted to form a government that did not allow one person to have too much authority or control. While under the rule of the British king they learned that this could be a bad system.
The Purpose was to make sure no one Branch of Government has to much power, basically to protect our rights.