Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Carnival of barranquilla
Transcript of Carnival of barranquilla
Who lives it,is who enjoys it
This carnival is most important Colombian folklore celebration, one of the biggest carnivals in the world.
Forty days before Holy Week, Barranquilla Tourism increases significantly these 4 days, which are holidays in The Carnival of Barranquilla.
when is the carnival?
During the carnival Barranquilla's normal activities are paralyzed because the city gets busy with street dances, musical and masquerade parades.
Barranquilla’s carnival is very important for the economy of the entire region.
The Carnival of Barranquilla is proclaimed Cultural Masterpiece of the Nation by Colombia's National Congress since 2002. Also the UNESCO, in Paris since November 7, 2003, declares it as one of the Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity
CHARACTERS OF BARRRANQUILLA CARNIVAL
Other traditional customs are El garabato, El Africano, Dracula, the bull, EL Congo, El Monocuco, Los Cabezones, Las Muñeconas, and the tiger.
Barranquilla´s Carnival includes dances like
gaita, mixture of cumbias
indigenous mico y micas
porro, mapale, fandango, samba
THE PRE-CARNIVAL ACTIVITIES
1. The festival officially begins with the ‘side reading’, which is the traditional reading of the carnival proclamation.
2. (Taking the City)
3. The Crowing of the Carnival Queen and King , are chosen at the end of the previous year so that she has time to prepare herself.
4. ‘The Children’s Carnival Procession’
and finally the most important pre-carnival event
5. ‘La Guacherna’. The Guacherna is a night parade of dances, cumbias, and masquerades, which takes place a Friday before the Saturday of carnival.
THE CARNIVAL ACTIVITIES
‘The Battle of the Flowers’ is a traditional float parade composed of the greatest and most colorful creations.
Sunday of Carnival is when the ‘Great Parade’ takes place. It is considered a day of mask and disguises
Monday is marked by an Orchestra Festival, with Caribbean and Latin bands from early afternoon until early Tuesday.
Tuesday , Joselito, a character who symbolizes the joy of the festivities, who has resurrected the Saturday of carnival and dies on the last day tired and hungover to resurrect the following year in the next carnival.
The next day is Ash Wednesday and Lent, a period of religious devotion and abstinence, begins.
The carnival of Barranquilla which starts on february 18 and finished february 21.
The carnival of Barranquilla which has different activities for everyone , is fun.
What is carnival?
The carnival is a festive season which is held before the catholic celebration of lent carnival typicaly involves a public celebration or parade.
People often dress, masquerade
Dances and music
Carnival and proclamation
Stree theather, folklore, diferent roles