Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The String Family
Transcript of The String Family
There are four "families" of instruments:
The way you must place your lips to play a wind instrument (woodwind or brass) is called the
sound in the world is made by
What makes a string instrument?
Sound is produced by either plucking, strumming, or bowing a string to produce the vibration.
String instrument facts:
-plucking a string is called "
-tuning pegs adjust the pitch of each string.
-bows are made of wood and horse hair.
the "handle" is called the
made with horse hair
hair can be tightened
The bigger/longer an instrument is, the the sound.
The smaller/shorter an instrument is, the the sound.
Parts of a
used with all but the harp
smallest & string instrument
most recognized of the orchestral strings
slightly larger than the violin, meaning it has a
held between the knees
reaches to the floor
instead of a
only string instrument that must be played standing up
sometimes called an
bass, just bass or contrabass
often used in jazz or blue grass ensembles
like the cello,
it uses an end pin