Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Name Symmetry
In a piece of art, symmetry is present in much the same way when the elements within balance each other. Mandalas: A geometric figure representing the universe in Hindu and Buddhist symbolism. Artists create BALANCE when using of different elements (line,shape, color..) to create harmony and visual interest in an artwork Sometimes asymmetry can be visually interesting Balance does not always mean perfect symmetry Creating a symmetrical design using letters from your name!
You will show off what you know about the elements (LINE,COLOR,&SHAPE)
and the principles (BALANCE, PATTERN/REPETITION) of art THE FOLDING STEPS 1. The flat square piece of paper 2. Fold in half 3. Fold in half again 4. Fold into a triangle by picking up the TOP RIGHT CORNER and lining it up with the BOTTOM LEFT THE DRAWING STEPS 1. UNFOLD PAPER 2. Pick a triangle to start. Here I have highlighted the one I will use 3. Fill triangle with block letters of your name. The letters should touch the top and the bottom! Start with pencil then use a sharpie 4. Fold bottom triangle back. Flip paper over and trace sharpie THE DRAWING STEPS CONTINUED CRAFTSMANSHIP TIME AND EFFORT CAREFUL WITH COLORING ALL AREAS COVERED EVENLY CONSIDERED COLOR RELATIONSHIPS (WARM/COOL/COMPLIMENTARY) 5. Unfold corner 6+. Refold in half then flip over and trace. Repeat process until all triangles are filled What We Will Do Today 1. Everyone will have a square sheet of thin copy paper
2. Fold paper following steps
3. PRACTICE BLOCK LETTERS FIRST ON SCRATCH PAPER
4. USE PENCIL to add in block letters to first triangle
5. Begin the reflection tracing process to fill entire paper with design GREAT EXAMPLES Symmetrical Name Art Kaleidoscopes!