Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Back to School Night - 2nd Grade
Transcript of Back to School Night - 2nd Grade
Back to School Night!
MCPS uses a 4 point grading scale and system to support Curriculum 2.O and the Common Core Standards.
Scoring codes: ES, P, I, N
Report Cards remain the same
Students arrive before 9:00 and instruction begins at 9:10
Students will participate in daily small group instruction
We have 4 specials and daily recess
Dismissal Begins at 3:25
Students will have homework M-TH
Homework will reflect the instructional level of each student and is not graded
HW provides essential math, spelling, and reading practice
- Tickets and Class Dojo
- Color Chart for self-monitoring
- Growth Mindset
- Learning Skills are assessed
- School wide program
MCPS Curriculum 2.0 is built around developing students' critical and creative thinking skills, as well as essential academic success skills, so that students are well prepared for a lifetime of learning.
- MCPS parent guides and videos are available on www.mcpsmd.orgcurriculum/2.0/
Overview of Curriculum 2.0
Where does our curriculum come from?
Common Core Standards
7:00 - 7:25: welcome Message/PTA Message
7:30 - 7:55 : Session One
8:00 - 8:30 : Session Two
See you in the classroom!
Mrs. Graham - Rm 127 Ms. Nickelson - Rm 222
Mrs. Vivek - Rm 223 Ms. Vargas - Rm 224
Mrs. Carey - Rm 227 Mrs. Thomason - Rm 228