Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Back to School Night - 2nd Grade
Transcript of Back to School Night - 2nd Grade
Back to School Night!
MCPS uses a 4 point grading scale and system to support Curriculum 2.O and the Common Core Standards.
Scoring codes: ES, P, I, N
Report Cards remain the same
Students arrive before 9:00 and instruction begins at 9:10
Students will participate in daily small group instruction
We have 4 specials and daily recess
Dismissal Begins at 3:25
Students will have homework M-TH
Homework will reflect the instructional level of each student and is not graded
HW provides essential math, spelling, and reading practice
- Tickets and Class Dojo
- Color Chart for self-monitoring
- Growth Mindset
- Learning Skills are assessed
- School wide program
MCPS Curriculum 2.0 is built around developing students' critical and creative thinking skills, as well as essential academic success skills, so that students are well prepared for a lifetime of learning.
- MCPS parent guides and videos are available on www.mcpsmd.orgcurriculum/2.0/
Overview of Curriculum 2.0
Where does our curriculum come from?
Common Core Standards
7:00 - 7:25: welcome Message/PTA Message
7:30 - 7:55 : Session One
8:00 - 8:30 : Session Two
See you in the classroom!
Mrs. Graham - Rm 127 Ms. Nickelson - Rm 222
Mrs. Vivek - Rm 223 Ms. Vargas - Rm 224
Mrs. Carey - Rm 227 Mrs. Thomason - Rm 228