Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
English II Project
Transcript of English II Project
http://www.convertfiles.com/ The end Early Life and Hardships This is JJ Thomson; Rutherford researched and worked under him
at Cambridge. - As a high school graduate of government schools, he left to Nelson Collegiate.
- There, he wrote a thesis about magnetization of iron by high frequency discharges as a Grad there, creating highly original experiments. - He lived through poverty in a family with 12 children. - His mother stressed education on him; she was a schoolteacher who believed it's the most important thing. Ernest Rutherford - He received M.A in Physical Science and Mathematics and a BS in them. - In 1889, he transferred to the University of New Zealand under a scholarship. - From this, he disproved JJ Thomson's atomic structure theory A.K.A the Plum Pudding Model. - He theorized that the nucleus held all the mass and charge in it. - He also proposed the atom was mostly empty space. DISPROVED! - He won the prize in the Chemistry field - Was Knighted and later became a Lord or Baron. - He received it on his disintegration theory which stated that radioactivity is an atomic process. - He had lots of experimental data to back up this theory. - Alpha (Helium ions) and Beta particles were classified from Uranium radiation. - He also received it for defining the chemistry of radioactive substances.