Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Tone and Mood with Mary Poppins
Transcript of Tone and Mood with Mary Poppins
Tone and Mood
How is mood created?
Let's Take a Peek
Tone and mood both deal with the emotions created by
a piece of writing. Though they seem similar and can be related, they are in fact quite different.
Some Tone Words
Tone is the
toward a subject
. If we were to read a description of a
that included words and phrases like “
” and “
my buddies forced me to go on the date
”, we could assume that
the individual didn’t really enjoy the date.
the atmosphere created by a piece of writing
; it’s the
a selection brings to life
for the reader
mood is created by the words the author chooses to use
mood can vary throughout the text
based on author's word choice. Word choice can create a mood of suspense, happiness, romance, or even terror.