Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Colonization Review
1. Why did the English create a colony at Jamestown in 1607?
a. All the cool countries were colonizing.
b. Spread Catholicism
c. To find Natural Resources - GOLD!
d. Hatred of Spain
2. In 1620, this group left England in search of religious freedom.
3. The Puritans wanted-
a. to reform the Church of England
b. representation in Parliament
c. a King in the American colonies
d. All of the above
4. Indentured servants were people who agreed to be a slave for set period of time. Why?
a. earn a free trip to the New World
b. they were poor
c. opportunity to improve their life.
d. all of the above
5. What religious group dominated Pennsylvania in the colonial period?
6. The physical geography of the Southern colonies promoted the production of-
b. Cash Crops
d. Manufactured goods
8. Roger Williams was kicked out of the Massachusetts Bay Colony for his radical beliefs. What colony did he go on to settle?
a. New Hampshire
c. New Jersey
d. Rhode Island
9. Why were there more slaves in Virginia than New England?
a. Virginians have no heart
b. Virginia had a monopoly on the slave trade.
c. It was against the New Englander's religion to own slaves
d. Virginia plantations used a lot of manual labor.
10. What important document did the Pilgrims sign?
a. Magna Carta
b. The Constitution
c. English Bill of Rights
d. Mayflower Compact
11. All of the following are reasons why it was difficult to start a family in colonial Virginia EXCEPT-
a. Marriage was illegal
b. There were few women
c. Death rate was high
d. There were few churches
a. New England
13.Which culture DID NOT collide during the Colonization of North America?
c. Native American
14. The first elected REPRESENTATIVE assembly in the New World.
a. Fundamental Orders of Connecticut
b. Mayflower Compact
c. House of Burgesses
15. Thomas Hooker helped settle-
a. Massachusetts Bay Colony
b. Plymouth Colony
c. South Carolina
16. William Penn helped found-
c. New York
17. William Penn and Roger Williams have this in common.
A. They were kicked out of a colony.
B. Their fathers were ashamed of their choices in life.
c. They valued personal freedoms.
d. They believed in violent protest.
18. This CASH CROP helped Jamestown survive.
19. Why was slavery common in the Southern colonies?
a. They needed people to catch fish
b. It helped earn large profits
c. Indentured Servants were reliable workers
d. Everybody benefited
20. Evangelical religious movement that encouraged a more emotional approach to Church.
b. First Great Awakening
c. Great Migration
This colonial region had small farms
Which country controlled the Mississippi River?
Which region experienced faster population growth?
24. Making money off of a business transaction.
25. Trading goods for GOLD in order to increase the country's treasury and power.
26. Pilgrims signed this in order to establish the government of Plymouth Colony.
Fundamental Orders of Connecticut
House of Burgesses
27. Most Puritans lived in-
Free Enterprise System
29. Mayflower Compact, Fundamental Orders of Connecticut, and House of Burgesses -
30. Pilgrim's leader-
31. Also known as farming.
32. The buying, selling, or trading of goods and services.
33. Economy based on Fur, Fish, and Timber.
34. Economy based on cash crops
35. New England's environment created-
36. Quakers practice-
37. Who could vote in the Colonies?
38. Which group left England to avoid religious persecution?
39. England (Great Britain) used the Colonies to get-
40. Why were most Colonies settled near the ocean or other waterways?