Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Does adding salt to water make it boil faster
Transcript of Does adding salt to water make it boil faster
pasta, water, salt, stove, timer
when we added the to the water it made it boil faster which made the pasta cook faster.
if we add salt in water then the time the pasta will take to cook will decrease.
independent: amount of salt
dependent: how fast the pasta will cook
control variable: the amount of pasta, amount of water, heat/fire.
cook pasta without out salt and time it the with salt and time it and see which one cooked the quickest.
When we cooked the pasta with salt in it it decreased the time by a few minuets.
we cook the pasta without salt and timed it then put put salt in with that pasta and timed it
A myth is that salt will make water boil faster. But is it true? Salt is a compound mostly made up of sodium and chloride. water is an inorganic compound that is used for literal everyday use. Water starts boiling at 212 degrees f. but with salt is boils at 216f., that is only 4 degrees more. In conclusion yes, putting salt in the pasta water will increase the boiling point, but only a couple minuets.