Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Ancient Egypt
The winter monsoon was a dry season.
The summer monsoon was a wet season.
Harappa and Mahenjo are great cities because they are planed cities and they had large public buildings.
cities in the Indus valley
The Harappan Culture
Farmers domesticated plants and animals such as cattle, sheep, goats, and chicken
They learned how to make to make metal tools and then traded them.
The harappan culture believed in religon they had a widespread of trade and the Challanges were people left because of earthquakes, floods and the saraswati river dried up.
Aryans move into India
changes in Indian life
Hinduism: the religion of India
-they believed in many gods
-3 main gods were Shiva the destroyer, Vishmu the protector, and Brahma the creator.
-they believed in karma and reincarnation so they led many lives
-if you lived a good life you'd be reborn higher on the caste system or the opposite
-some of the paths to a good life was doing yoga, execise,and going on a diet would bring you closer to the gods
* nomadic people -herd Animals - Indo europeans
-Brahmana, preist, scholars and teachers "highest"
-Ksatriya, ruler, nobels and worriors
-Vaisya, bankers, merchants and farmers
-Sudra, artisans, laborers
the rise of Buddhism
Aryan belief and Brahmanism
the Golden age of the Guptas
-the early religion was brahmanism
- mahabharata was a book of history religion
-the bhagauald Gita was the most important part of the book
* the indo eropens migration
- somthing uknown drove them out of their homelnd
-aryans - nomads harappans- city people
- aryans invated after harrapns left
-the Guptas came from Magadha
-sculpted statues, painted murals, erected temples and wrote poems
-mathematics,science, and metallurgy
they made the decimal system, symbol for zero, pi, and the length of the year
-traders and missionaries spread the Indian culture
the maurya empire
-Chandragupta became the jainisk munk a the end of his life
-asoka was the buddhist king
-asoka changed from constant warfair to buddhist teachings
-he set up hospitals, planted trees, dug wells, let people worship freely and built houses along main road.
* the buddha's life and techings
- siddhartha was a hindu prince
- his dad sheltered him because he didnt want him to become a wondering holyman
- he wondered for 6 years starving himself to find awensers
- to break the cycle of reincarnation follow the Eightfold path to achive narvata
- buddus belived in nonviolince
4 NOBLE TRUTHS
1PEOPLE SUFFER BECAUSE THEIR MIND IS NOT AT EASE
2THAT CONDITION COMES FROM WANTING SOMETHING MORE
3PEOPLE CAN STOP SUFFERING BY NOT WANTING
4OR YOU CAN FOLLOE THE EIGHTFOLD PATH
iNDIA'S RELIGIOUS LEGACY
INDIA'S ARTISTIC LEGACY
THEY LEGACY OF INDIAN
YOU CAN FOLLOW IT BY HAVING THE RIGHT
* HINDUISM AND BUDDHISM RELIGION
- LESS THEN 1% PRACTICE BUDDHISM
* HINDUISM AND BUDDHISM INFLUENSES
-MAHANDAS GGANDI HAD FIGHT AGAINST BRITISH RULE
-MADE THE NUMERALS 1-9
-SYMBOL FOR ZERO
SOME ARTISTIC LEGACY ARE ANGKOR WAT, TOP KNOT OF HAIR AND THEY PERFORMED MANY PLAYS