Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
BA SEN&D Specialism
Transcript of BA SEN&D Specialism
A brand is not just a logo or tagline, it is an emotion. When you think of famous brands like McDonalds, Nike, Apple or Toyota, each of them conveys some thought or experience in all of us. A successful brand is one that can gain wide recognition and garner trust and loyalty.
Because of the prominence of spam, many people believe that marketing your product through email is no longer an effective way to get your message out to consumers. However, Email marketing remains one of the most productive ways to reach out to your audience.
Reimagine special education
Reflect on contemporary approaches to teaching
Discuss notions of voice, agency and power.
Look at partnerships with pupils to support learning and achieving.
Will help to to be a more inclusive teacher.
Will give you confidence in teaching a wide variety of children with individual needs
Will make you think closely at not only WHAT you teach but WHY and HOW you do it!
SENCo - ITE
Programme Lead MA SEN&D
Various SEN&D PG Certs.....
with a strong belief that
EVERY CHILD IS SPECIAL
DESERVES THE BEST EDUCATION WE CAN GIVE
Special Educational Needs and Disability BA Specialism
Ways to improve your SpLD teaching
Look at Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) educational practices, including a selection from : dysgraphia, dyscalculia, dyslexia, visual processing disorder, auditory processing disorder, dyspraxia (developmental coordination disorder: DCD).
Basic brain anatomy and physiology with reference to SpLD.
Look at theories of practice in relation to various SpLDs.
Discuss what might constitute effective provision in regard to SpLD.
International perspectives on SpLD and global examples of distinctive provision.
Two opportunities for placements - if you choose to...
One in the enrichment placement for 20 days in a special school setting (this could be with any age group from 2-19!)
another as an
Assessed placement in a Special School as a teaching placement
It is nearly impossible to stress the importance of analyzing data to measure the success of what you do online. Analytics are crucial for measuring and tracking the efficiency of your efforts over time. They help you understand your visitors, leads and prospects. They also provide you with the information you need to convert your visitors into valuable customers.
SEN&D in BA
Inbuilt into year 2 BA are the basics of SEN&D awareness
Legal SEN&D requirements
Social and Medical models of SEN&D
An introduction to Dyslexia & Autism
Little time to cover more than this
Training and Development
We have the opportunity to gain extra training certificates,
In MAKATON (sign language)
- whilst on placement all students in special schools are invited to the closed SEN&D facbook group, so you can help and suport each other
very popular and widely used this year!
Ability to take part in research and debate about SEN&D in the BA
making a pathway for
Over View of SEN&D Specialism
Brand Marketing Success
Email Marketing Tips
The way you interact with your visitors on your website is crucial because your website is the focal point of your online marketing activities. Also, having your site optimized for search engines is vital for getting visibility in search results.
Successful website factors
A blog provides yet another marketing and communication vehicle for a business and is relatively easy to integrate into your already existing website. It projects the personality of the organization and can help build thought leadership and credibility. A blog allows you to have fresh content and gives people a reason to return to your site. Besides informing others about company activities, you should offer some advice or help people with a need they may have.
Effective Blog practices
What to measure with Analytics
Summary - How all of this ties together
To build a brand for market success, a good place to start is to
take some time and brainstorm the following:
- Define why you're in business
- Think of images that define your business model
- Consider what you want people to think about your business
- Think of words you want people to use to describe your business
- Describe the advantages of your business over your competition
- How to be consistent with your brand message
- Consider how to project a constant look
- Always be consistent in the tone of your communications
- Have consistency in your product or service
- Always maintain a high level of quality
- Be trustworthy. Let people know what to expect.
- Ask questions. In face-to-face conversation you’d ask questions
- Write fast. That’s how your enthusiasm and personality come through
- Keep it short. Long and unwieldy emails slaughter your readers’ interest
- Write as if you’re emailing just one person to make your emails more personal
- Use your name as your from address. Put your name and reputation on the line
- Only email when you have something truly valuable or helpful to say.
- Be helpful. Don’t just email when you need something from your readers.
- Use power words. Sensory and emotional words attract attention.
- Use a number. Because digits — like 4 or 37 — stop wandering eyes.
- Pique curiosity. Don’t be afraid to occasionally use bizarre words.
-Add a personal touch. Because you’re trying to get readers to trust you
Use SEO friendly URLS
- Don't use: mysite.com/page=123
- Do use: mysite.com/our-product-here
Use keywords and "h1" tags for page titles
Insert your main keywords in the first 100 words
Keep bounce rates low by using internal links
Have a call to action in a prominent location
Keep people interested with multimedia
Use outbound links to other websites
Use social media sharing buttons
Always add quality content
Use a dynamic blog platform like Wordpress
Create categories for your blog posts
Use SEO friendly descriptions for your blog posts
Create an editorial calendar and stick to it
Use keywords in your post headings
Make sure your blog posts have the following:
- Eye-catching title
- In-text links to landing pages
- A call to action in the sidebar
- Social sharing buttons
- Call to action at the bottom
- Make sure the post is relevant
Visitor behavior (new, returning...),
browser technology, operating system,
desktop vs. mobile, goal completions,
conversions, demographics (age, gender),
geographic location, traffic sources (direct, referral, social, advertising, organic), pages most visited, pages per visit, bounce rate, click-through rate, sentiment, reach
The sum of all of these efforts is called an integrated marketing strategy. In today’s marketing environment with easy access to information and all sorts of opinions, it is important to attack from multiple angles. It is now more important than ever to be collaborative in a cross-discipline marketing plan. Each discipline draws from its own strengths and energizes the brand. But you may ask yourself, what is the main point of all of this? The answer is: conversions. This could mean selling a product, providing a service or educating and bringing awareness to a cause or campaign. Because it is important to see how all of this relates to the final sale or conversion, we have provided a graphic below, that shows the conversion and describes each step of the process.
Look at SEN&D from a variety of perspectives (discourses/ voices/discussions)
Look at a pedagogy free from
beliefs about ability.
Giving confidence by having a deeper underpinning understanding of how individuals learn, in a variety of contexts