Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
July 16, 2014
Transcript of July 16, 2014
Lady of Mount Carmel
When the country around him was dry without water, the Prophet Elijah ascended Mount Carmel to pray for the heavens to open . Finally, he saw a small cloud coming in from the sea hearing life-giving rain. Christian tradition would see the cloud as a symbol of Mary bringing life to a parched world. Thus Mary became honoured under the title of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel
Today we celebrate and honour Our Lady of Mount Carmel who followed the will of God all her life. She said "yes" to what God asked her. Mary is a model of faith for all of us.
All: We honour you, Mary, as the mother of God and our mother too. Amen
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Prayers of the Faithful
O Queen of Heaven, you gave us the scapular an outward sign by which we might be known as your faithful children. May we always wear it with honour by avoiding sin and imitating virtues. Help us be faithful to this desire of ours.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel, pray for us.
Mary, mother of God, pray for us.