Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Table Setting, Serving, Etquette
Transcript of Table Setting, Serving, Etquette
B. Flatware- knife, fork, spoon II. Special Touches A. Table Covering
2. Placemats B. Table Decoration
1. Fresh Flowers
2. Silk Flowers
3. Bowl of fresh fruit
4. Green Plant C. Lighting
1. Candlelight adds elegance III. Serving Styles A. Family Style- Food is brought to the table in bowls and on serving platters, which are passed from person to person B. Plate service- Food is put onto each person's plate in the kitchen and filled plate is then brought to the table C. Buffet Service- All the plates, flatware and food is arranged on a serving table. Diners help themselves IV. Good Manners A. Important because they enable people to have a comfortable and enjoyable experience
B. The way you look, the way you eat, and the way you talk with others indicate your respect for them and yourself
C. The good manners you practice at home will be an asset as you enjoy meals in social setting Cont. Good Manners D. Good mealtime hygiene is important both for your own health and for the health of others
E. Etiquette- Accepted rules of behavior in a culture
F. Tipping- extra money to servers in appreciation of good service
(15 percent of the cost of food is an acceptable amount) Reference AV Party Rentals. (n.d.). Luncheon or semi-formal dinner setting [Photograph]. Retrieved from http://www.avparty.com/place_settings.php
Candlelight dinner [Photograph]. (2003, December 24). Retrieved from http://www.pbase.com/vickyandy/image/26375339
Dragon flatware [Photograph]. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70091761/
Family style dinning [Photograph]. (2009, December 26). Retrieved from http://www.yumsugar.com/Family-Style-Dining-Love-Hate-6669388
Fresh flowers [Photograph]. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://flowers-image.blogspot.com/2013/02/fresh-flowers.html
Glosson, L. R., Meek, J. P., & Smock, L. G. (2000). Creative living (Seventh ed.). New York, NY: Glencoe McGraw-Hill.
Green centerpieces [Photograph]. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/226388/green-centerpieces
Holiday red embroidery tablecloths [Photograph]. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.aliexpress.com/price/banquet-size-tablecloth-price.html
Lilly pulitzer plates [Photograph]. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.entertainingiseasy.com/?tag=lilly-pulitzer-plates
Ludens, R. (n.d.). DIY silk flower scrapbook embellishments [Photograph]. Retrieved from http://scrapbooking.about.com/od/pagestarterideas/ss/diysilkflowers.htm
Plated service [Photograph]. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.remembermeinc.com/How%20It%20Works/50/0
Ridings, S. B. (2011, October 27). Table manners [Photograph]. Retrieved from http://revsunnybridings.blogspot.com/2011/10/world-communion-sunday-sermon-october.html
Tablecloth turned placemats [Photograph]. (2012, April 25). Retrieved from http://odetoinspiration.com/2012/04/tablecloth-turned-placemats/
Tipping [Photograph]. (2002, December 12). Retrieved from http://www.howstuffworks.com/tipping.htm
Valentino's buffet [Photograph]. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.valentinos.com/menu.php?cat=bu