Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
What is Art Therapy?
Transcript of What is Art Therapy?
Media and Task
A mental health profession that uses art media, the creative process, and resulting artwork to explore feelings, manage emotions, reduce presenting symptoms, and build self-esteem.
It's all about the product.
Art therapists can interpret meaning.
Materials have therapeutic properties.
Control vs. Freedom
Affect vs. Cognitive
Structured vs. Unstructured
"What is it?" vs. "Tell me about your drawing."
Art making engages the entire brain.
Creates venue for externalization of problems.
Brings attention to the here and now.
Decreases impulsivity, encourages decision making, and development of self concept.