Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Guide On The T&P Side: Using Tech To Make Tenure
Transcript of Guide On The T&P Side: Using Tech To Make Tenure
to Make Tenure
Deborah Tritt, USC Aiken
Kaetrena Davis Kendrick, USC Lancaster
ACRL supports tenure-track academic librarians!
What is Tenure?
Academic status granted to faculty members who have satisfactorily met an institution's teaching, scholarship, and service qualifications during a probationary period.
Traditionally denotes job permanence
Comes with promotion in rank
Promotion can occur without tenure; but not vice versa
ACRL Joint Statement on Faculty Status of College & University Librarians (http://www.ala.org/acrl/standards/jointstatementfaculty)
ACRL's Guideline for the Appointment, Promotion, and Tenure of Academic Librarians http://www.ala.org/acrl/standards/promotiontenure
WHAT ARE YOUR
QUESTIONS ABOUT TENURE & PROMOTION?*
*specific qualifications and requirements are dependent upon the institution.
What is the Tenure Process?
Probationary Period (3 - 5 years)
Tenure & Promotion process (sometimes called Penultimate Year review)
- gathers documentation supporting all relevant activities
- fills out administrative forms
- requests letters of support from colleagues
- may be asked to identify colleagues for external file review
- submits all supporting documentation and administrative forms to T&P Committee.
- WAITS. WORRIES. (HOPEFULLY) EARNS TENURE
(you're gonna help make it certain)
By the Way...
Well, let's get started!
Rule 3: Keep Everything (EVERYTHING)
Rule 4: Track Everything (EVERYTHING)
Rule 5: No, really. EVERYTHING
Rule 1: Stay Focused
Rule 2: Keep yourself organized