Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Video and EEG based analysis for arousals detection in paras
Transcript of Video and EEG based analysis for arousals detection in paras
NOCTURNAL FRONTAL LOBE EPILEPSY (NFLE)
Characterized by frontal lobe seizures arising during sleep;
Clinical manifestations (seizures):
Hypermotor automatisms (such as kicking);
Walking or running.
Types of NFLE:
Paroxysmal nocturnal dystonia
Episodic nocturnal wonderings
Frequent unawareness of the events
Seizures usually last < 30s
Distinctive characteristics of NFLE:
Unpredictable occurrence of events
Many seizures per night
Non age-related onset
• Often confused with NFLE
• Inability to arouse fully from NREM sleep (first third of the night)
• Types of NREM arousal parasomnias:
Differential diagnosis between NFLE and NREM arousal parasomnias
Not enough to establish a correct diagnosis
Gold-Standard for diagnosis
Obstacles using Video-EEG
Only available in hospitals
Unpredictable nature of motor events
Limited number of recorded events
home-made video recordings
Motion-detection video device
Build a motion sensitive device that records as many events as the ones detected by Video-EEG
Easy to handle
Night vision webcam
Motion-detection application compatible with Raspberry Pi OS
Introdução à Engenharia Biomédica 2013/2014