Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Animal Body Coverings
Transcript of Animal Body Coverings
overlaps and protects the
Scales vary in size, shape,
and arrangement. Fur is the thick coat
of soft hair covering
the skin of a mammal. Animal body coverings are important
as they keep the animal warm
and dry, protect them from
physical danger and help them
hide from their enemies.
Animals must be able to survive
daily life in a range of environmental conditions, including wind, rain, snow,
sun, cold, and heat.
An animal's first line of defense
is a good protective covering.
feathers Animal Body Coverings Birds are the only animals to have feathers, and all birds have them. A bird's feathers protect its skin from injury and keep it warm and dry. Animals such as cows, horses and zebras have hide, which protects their inner organs from injury. Hide is thick and soft.