Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Literary Devices
style of speaking or writing as dependent upon choice of words
choosing words that fit the style of speech in a particular time or area to convey parts of a story
"A guy on a ranch don't never listen nor he don't ast no question"
Of Mice and Men
a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect as in "cruel kindness" or "to make haste slowly"
a combination of two or more word that appear to contradict each other
"O brawling love! O loving hate!
O heavy lightness! Serious vanity!
Misshapen chaos of well-seeming forms!
feather of lead, bright smoke,cold fire, sick health!
still-waking sleep, that is not what it is?
This love feel I, that feel no love in this"
Romeo and Juliet
repeated consonant sounds at the beginning of words near each other usually on the same or adjacent lines
using the same consonant and the beginning of a word in adjacent words
" Vacant vast"
-Walt Whitman, "Noiseless Patient Spider"
- Jumbo Shrimp