Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Constitution and the Bill of Rights
Transcript of The Constitution and the Bill of Rights
Week TWO POWER-POINT (slide one)
STEP THREE (slide 2)
watch the two EDpuzzle screencasts on creating the constitution and answer the questions
then go to the next steps and build your power-point or word document for this topic
MAKE SURE YOU USE MY POWERPOINT VOICEOVER FOR YOUR WORK...DON'T GOOGLE THE ANSWERS BECAUSE YOU WON'T BE COVERING ALL THE MATERIAL I WANT YOU TO SEE!!!
Create a VENN DIAGRAM
and label it
"The Articles of Confederation vs. the Constitution"
Circle one: what powers the national government had under the Articles of Confederation
Circle two: what powers the National government had under the Consitution
Where the circles overlap is where you put the powers that the government had under both
Use the EDpuzzle screencast to create this chart
Create a graphic organizer (chart?)
to show what the following plans proposed:
1. New Jersey Plan
2. Virginia Plan
3. Connecticut (Great) Compromise
4. the 3/5ths Compromise (you will need to watch the screencast to understand the important of the 3/5ths compromise
If you haven't already...Watch the second EDpuzzle screencast and answer the questions on the structure of the constitution & then record in your notebook the following constitutional principles:
1. Limited Government
2. Separation of Powers
3. Checks and Balances
4. Judicial Review (make sure you note the significance of "Marbury vs. Madison")
THE CONSTITUTION and the BILL OF RIGHTS
Create the following flowchart in your power-point
"Amendment process flow chart"
You chart should show the different ways the constitution can be amended.
MAKE SURE YOU ARE CLEAR about how you propose an amendment (NATIONAL LEVEL) AND how you RATIFY an amendment (2 part process!!!)
EXAMPLE CAN BE FOUND AT:
Create the following chart in your powerpoint:
"The Bill of Rights" (only the first 10)
Column 1: Amendment number,
Column 2: Rights protected under that amendment
Column 3: Image or symbol that demonstrates the rights protected under the amendment)
NOW YOUR PPT SHOULD BE READY TO UPLOAD TO ME ON SCHOOLOGY!!! MAKE SURE YOU NAME YOUR FILE SO I KNOW WHO IT CAME FROM !!!
Can people be trusted to govern themselves?