Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Dante's Inferno Canto 15
Transcript of Dante's Inferno Canto 15
Biblical reference to Sodom and Gomorrah. Contrapasso: Rain and sexual reproduction should give life but raining fire and sodomy cannot. Specific Sinner: Brunetto Latini
Brunetto recognizes Dante and runs up to him.
Dante and Brunetto walk side by side to talk.
During his life Latini mentored Dante.
Dante thanks Latini for teaching him how to be eternal.
Latini wrote the Tesoretto which majorly influenced Dante's Divine Comedy.
Latini predicts that Dante will be rewarded for heroic political actions but Dante dismisses this and says that fortune will do whatever she pleases.
The canto ends with Latini running to catch up with the rest of the sodomites and Dante compares him to a Verona runner and says the he is a winner not a loser.