Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of ADVERTISING
It is a paid communication about goods, services through mass media designed to inform/influence one or more people
It is the most persuasive possible selling message to the right prospects for the products or service at the lowest possible cost.
Where it all
- traced the beginning of advertising to the "primal scream".
- Tagalog poetic compositions, suspected as a trademark or brand names (Batangas & Mindoro)
- first public announcement system
Boston News Letter
- released the first regular print ad in 1704
JWT president said "Because of our American heritage, we were first to get into marketing. Brought sooner than in other Asian countries, especially in Southeast Asia... we had the three biggest advertisers - Colgate, Procter and Unilever in the 1950s. As a result, we were miles ahead of our closest Asian neighbors.
- The lead practice was the Manila Bulletin with their shipping notices called
- However, it was pointed out that
was already able to produce paid advertisement since 1846.
*Philippine Publicity Service Inc.
- first documented advertising agency managed by H. Edmund Bills
1950s to 1970s
- National Artist like Hernando Ocampo (1991), Cesar Legaspi (1900), J Elizalde Navarro (1999) rose from advertising agencies.
- New digital production equipments/ video effects
-Other alternatives boomed in these decade.
-First Philippine advertising abroad was established in California as a branch of AMA.
*Philippine Agency Service
- followed; managed by Rogers, Jenkins, Herier and Velasco. It later became Phil Ads (TVT) promotion company.
*Philippine Advertising Bureau
- third; established by Herald's Florentino Garriz
The War and Shortly After
-established the first space buyer agency for American advertising.
later known as
J. Walter Thompson Philippines Inc.
-Commercial Advertising Company (Comadco) of Gene Hubilla
Philippine Promotion Bureau Inc
, the first Filipino agency in 1945.
-In June 1946, more agencies cropped up.
- Advertising took a slightly new direction
Philippine Advertising Counselors, Inc (PAC)
- first use Tagalog in its campaign ad
(San Miguel Beer)
- consumer protection publication by Oscar Lagman w/c made audiences and consumers cautions about products being advetised.
-Global brands started to enter the market.
-Increase in number of Malls
-Higher competition in television progrmas
-The launch of TFC.
-Mainstreaming of internet
-ABSCBN maximized advertising spending
-GMA 7 pulled away from KBP.
-Product placements, sponsorship, mobile text votes
-ABSCBN engaged in audio-visual
production for the advertising
needs of advertisers.
Six major dept of
These can be split into other sub-departments, or given various creative names, but the skeleton is the same.
1. Account Service
2. Account Planning
4. Finance & Accounts
5. Media Buying
Larger agencies may also separate out the following departments:
1. Human Resources & Facilities
3. Web development
1. Institutional or corporate
2. Trade or professional
4. Promotional Retail
6. National Consumer
7. Direct market
8. Public Service
1. New and Converging Technologies
2. Increase Audience Segmentation
3. Exploits children
4. Demeans & Corrupt Culture