Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Triathlon training and racing tips
Transcript of Triathlon training and racing tips
Getting in key session
S/B/R: long, fast, sustained tempo
Brick workouts/transition runs
Elastic ties on your running shoes
Bring your stuff in a backpack!
Race morning: wear warm layers, second pair of running shoes, timing chip
Triathlon Training & Racing Tips
Be prepared (training, weather, flat tires, arriving early, know the course)
"I only have to go as fast as I want to go."
Nothing at stake; my family will love me just as much
Make a friend
Focus on joy and gratitude
"I get to do what I love and people will stop traffic for me and hand me food."
"I can't and
I have to."
Execution not outcome
Miles coming out behind
For every hard part there's an easy part.
"If it's hurting me...."
Every measure of nervousness and effort returns as satisfaction, pride, and JOY
Above all else, keep your head about you.
Sports drink in aerobottle; water on frame
Carry vs. aid stations
Eat mostly on the bike
Gel, beans, chews (w/ caffeine)
Long distance: additional salt
Raise the ceiling and
push out the walls.
88 triathlons; 24th season