Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Warm Up
Gerunds appear to be verbs, but they act as nouns. They can be subjects and subject complements.
My least favorite workout activity is
running in the gym.
Reading in my room
Find the gerund and say whether it is a subject or subject complement
Complete exercises 1 and 2 on pg. 89.
Now, let's complete the writing assignment for "The Noble Experiment"
Fix the dangling participles in the following sentences.
Working hard in the yard, a sweat was broken.
Singing softly, put the baby to sleep.
Studying hard all quarter, received an honor roll certificate.
Let's do more review with placement of participles.
Cleaning is a hard job.
The hardest job is cleaning.
Gerund phrases contain direct objects
They can also contain prepositional phrases.
Riding in the car is a drag.
Watching TV thrills me.
Hking challenges nature-lovers.
My love is sleeping.
Let's talk about "The Noble Experiment"
ch 13-15 review unit due Monday
1-15 vocab test on 5/24
voyages pg 89 ex 1 and 2
Anne Frank Act 1 quiz Thursday