Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
10 facts about the Endocrine System
Transcript of 10 facts about the Endocrine System
The Endocrine System
designed by Péter Puklus for Prezi
30 Hormones are produced by the endocrine system.
The Endocrine system is closely related to the nervous system and together they are called the neuroendocrine system.
The pineal gland, an organism in the Endocrine system secretes melatonin which regulates sleep patterns.
The Pituitary gland, and organism in the Endocrine system is considered the most important part of the endocrine system. it makes hormones that control several other endocrine glands.
The most common endocrine disease in the US is diabetes.
The endocrine system aids in the immune system by helping the boy build resistance to diease.
The word endocrine breaks down into "endo" meaning within,
and "crinis" meaning secrete.
Almost every organ an cell in the body is affected by the endocrine system.
The Endocrine system sends signals throughout the body, like the Nervous system, but the effects can take a few hours or weeks.
The endocrine system has no ducts, so hormones are released directly into the bloodstream.