Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Xavier Castellanos
Xavier is a contemporary artist. This means he is still alive and creating art today.
Growing Up in Mexico
Growing up in Mexico, Castellanos was greatly influenced by Mexican artists. One artist in particular was of great interest to him.
"I am not interested in doing a "realistic painting". There is no work in copying something in a realistic fashion. I enjoy painting with bold outlines and bright colors."
Often times an artist will create a group of artworks with one idea. That's called a series. Castellanos created a series based on the Mexican artist Frida Kahlo. Kahlo had a very difficult life. But by painting her with bright colors, Castellanos was able to show joy and beauty.
Swiss-Born, Mexican-Raised Artist
Sometimes Castellanos' paintings are abstract and sometimes they are a form of realism.
Many of his works of art are landscape paintings. He paints many Mexican landscapes.
Castellanos' works are often described as joyful. Why do you think they are said to be that way?