Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Communication
Learn to listen
Be award of others emotions
Treat people equally
Increasing Communication Skills
World leader in talent development
• Communication skills training is more essential than ever before.
• Foundation on which companies and careers are built and a crucial component of lasting success.
• Communication will become even more important to organizations in the future
Project deadlines missed
Loss of job
Good communicators generally do good work.
They get the job done well
Inadequate Communication = Problems
Communication = Critical Skill
-Preparation was not done correctly
Commonwealth Government of Australia, (2013). About workplace gender equality. Retrieved from
Communication Skills Training Seminars.
American Management Association. Retrieved from http://www.amanet.org/training/seminars/communication-skills-training.aspx
Conrad, (2014). How Do Businesses Use Communication Technology to Improve
Their Performance?. Retrieved from http://smallbusiness.chron.com/businesses-use-
Corporate Voices for Working Families. (2006). Are They Really Ready To Work?: Author.
Johnson, (2014). What Are the Benefits of Effective Communication in the Workplace?. Retrieved from
Kazmeyer, (2014). Role of Technology in Business Communication. Retrieved from
Meister, (June, 4, 2013). The Boomer-Millennial Workplace Clash: Is it Real?. Retrieved from
Nielsen, L. Importance of Communication in the Business World.
Retrieved from http://smallbusiness.chron.com/importance-communication-business-world-2877.html
Passel, D’Vera, (March 2013). Illegal Aliens Taking U.S. Jobs. Retrieved from
Semple, (July 10, 2014). Immigrants Who Speak Indigenous Languages Encounter Isolation. Retrieved
Smith, (2014). Cross-Culture Communication. Retrieved from
- Many are not prepared
American Management Association
Clash of Generations, Genders, and Cultures in Careers
-Why this skill was recognized as critical and by whom
- How will these skills change with the factors discussed affecting the "face" of the 21st Century workplace
-What are some ways to increase proficiency in this skill
People from different parts of the world come to U.S.
Immigrants are addressed differently
Cannot speak common language
The 21st century workplace has many requirements
Employers hire Illegal Immigrants
• In America we use the firm handshake
• In Paris a peck on each cheek is an acceptable greeting
Companies cannot keep up with the changing
Three generations in the workforce (X, Y, Baby Boomers)
Respect opinions and try to understand their perspectives
Younger workers = fresh ideas
Older workers = knowledge and experience
40 million Millennials in the workplace
2025: ¾ of the workforce.
Women and workforce
Men and workforce
Companies perform better
Spurs greater effort
Improves national productivity and competitiveness
* “…empowering women means a more efficient use of a nation’s human talent endowment and.. reducing gender inequality enhances productivity and economic growth. Over time, therefore, a nation’s competitiveness depends, among other things, on whether and how it educates and utilizes its female talent.” –The World Economic Forum.
Lowers the companies turnover = raises productivity
Paid family leave
When I child is sick
A happy worker will go the extra mile
Choice between job and their family
Different ways to communicate
Tips for improvement