Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Sports Participation Pyramid
Transcript of Sports Participation Pyramid
and elite stages. The greater the number of people who become involved in sport through participating and volunteering, the more likely it is that some will achieve excellence. 1. Draw a pyramid and see if you can label and explain each stage.
2. Where do you think you are on the pyramid?
3. Write examples for each of the stages.
4. Do this again using the same sport. Sports Participation Pyramid Section 1.1:6 The Sports Participation Pyramid illustrates the development from mass participation at the bottom to excellence at the top. At the end of this lesson you should be able to: Apply it! Place the 4 stages in what you perceive to be the correct order on the pyramid. Be prepared to justify your answer. Foundation: primary PE lessons, TOP play activities (sport development)
multi-sports sessions (sport centres) Participation: the stage where young people begin to participate regularly in a specific activity for enjoyment.
School festivals, school/club links
Sports clubs become important at this stage as they make the link to the next stage of development. Performance: during this stage young people begin to concentrate on sport specific skills and to develop talent in specific sports.
Quality coaching is very important at this stage. Elite/Excellence: this stage is the peak of the pyramid, where individuals reach excellence.
Why do you think the pyramid narrows here?
Governing bodies of sport are responsible for development at this level as players pass from county to regional to national squads.