Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Interpersonal Theory
THEORY History of Dr.Harry Stack Sullivan February 21, 1892 - date of birth January 14, 1949 - died in Paris, due to cerebral hemorhage He was the child of Timothy Sullivan & Ella Stack Sullivan Dr.Harry Stack Sullivan Sullivan's View of Man He viewed man's personality as a self-system
or an energy transformation system that could
dissipate the anxiety with which the main
function is the employment of activities that
would reduce tension. STRUCTURE Dynamism 1. Malevolence 2. Intimacy 3. Lust 4. Self-system Dissociation Selective Inattention Personification 1. Bad Mother 2. Good Mother 3. Me Personifications - bad me
- good me
- not me Cognitive Levels 1. Prototaxic
3. Syntaxic PROCESS Tensions 1.Needs interpersonal needs physiological needs a.General needs b.Zonal needs oral
manual 2.Anxiety Energy Transformations overt
covert SULLIVAN's SIX STAGES infancy childhood juvenile era pre-adolescence early early adolescence late adolescence PSYCHOPATHOLOGY Classification of Schizophrenia 1.Classified as symptoms that stem from organic
causes beyond the study of interpersonal psychiatry. 2.Classified as all schizophrenic disorders that
based on situational factors with which disorders are main concern because they are amenable to change via interpersonal psychiatry. PSYCHOTHERAPY Sullivanian therapy is aimed at
uncovering patients' difficulties in
relating to others. 4 PHASES OF PSYCHIATRIC INTERVIEW Phase1 . FORMAL INCEPTION Phase2. RECONNAISSANCE Phase3. DETAILED INQUIRY Phase4. TERMINATION THE END YEHEY!